bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How should I plan blog content and themes for the best reader experience? I have been blogging for 6 months now. I have a general theme of the month but I find it very hard to organize - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I have been blogging for 6 months now. I have a general theme of the month but I find it very hard to organize my writing, as these themes are all very broad.

I want to ask fellow bloggers how do you plan ahead your writing, for the best experience for the reader.

Any clues?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Connie138

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I have been blogging since 2009 (JP On Gaming)and have been through a number of phases as I grew older.

It's okay to publish fewer articles if they are more interesting (I typically post only up to 1/day)
If you have wildly diverging interests, have a different blog (I have one for writing fiction and essays and my main one for my gaming-related topics).
Look at your analytics: what do your readers view more? what type of approach do they comment most on?
Keep blogging. Sounds a lot simple, but it is perhaps the most difficult of the bunch
If you plan to have a scattered approach: writing, movie critique, botany, chicken rearing, space exploration, and more, then find a name/theme to your blog that is encompassing "A Lady's Interest" or "We talk about it here" announce what it is.
Your blog will not please everyone. It won't. But that doesn't mean your regular readers don't love it.
Have polls asking your readers what they want
Write in advance

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

If I were to do a daily blog about a general monthly topic, I would make a list of all the important things about that particular monthly topic. Then I would organize the list into an order that makes sense. Lastly, I would focus on one of the important things on my re-organized list per day. Only the last step would be seen on my blog. Hope this helps.

Load Full (0)