bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Finding someone to publish, in the digital age I've asked a couple of questions on this site over the past year or two about publishing. I've been thinking about going the self-publishing - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I've asked a couple of questions on this site over the past year or two about publishing. I've been thinking about going the self-publishing route. It still seems like the quickest and easiest way to go, though there are obviously disadvantages (thanks to all who've brought them up, in answers to my other questions).

Someone suggested going to a writers' conference and pitching my book to agents. This seems old-fashioned. Aren't there websites, email addresses, etc. that I can throw my idea at, instead? I'm still not set on going the trad route, as it seems too long and filled with disappointment for most people. But I could give it a try, if it didn't involve traveling around the US to pitch my idea.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There are places such as lulu.com, who offer publishing services, but it depends on how much control you want to have. Going that route will give you complete control, which leaves no outside input into the final work, which you may want in terms of editing? Personally I would go the lulu route as it cuts out the agent, but I would perhaps recommend having someone proofread and edit for you so you don't lose that unbiased pair of eyes over your work.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

If you are thinking of going the traditional route, then you'll likely need to research getting an agent. Pitching at a conference is one approach, but has its disadvantages (like travel costs). Start googling "agents for X" where X is the type of book you've written. Check magazines that may have articles on agents (such as "Poets & Writers") as well as those magazines websites. So the answer is, yes, there probably are websites and email addresses.

Load Full (0)