bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is "How to" killing creative writing? There is nothing particularity creative about following a set of instructions on how to write a novel. It is perhaps even less 'creative' to base styles - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I am one of those who avoided reading such guides and books for the longest time but I have since come around to seeing them for what they are: guidelines, notes, and think-abouts. However they do not beat the creative work of writing.

In my personal experience as a writer, I stumbled and failed on a number of simple things. I learned through experience a number of things I could have avoided by reading them. Some of my stories and products may have been more polished quicker or simple been better had I read them. As a starter, limiting yourself does help with getting work done: you don't run across a forest before you can walk on the road, I was told long ago.

To answer your question: NO it does not kill creative writing, they help you get started, and many of them will help you get published.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Berryessa137

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best