bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Should I switch perspectives every chapter, or only when I feel the character needs to have some thoughts? I was thinking about this a lot recently. I want to have my story a 3rd person - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You can do either "omniscient" or "character" POV. "Omniscient" is the easiest way to tell a story. However, this way the reader is disconnected from thoughts and emotions of any character. Writing from character's perspective gives the author more tools to develop that character - but this can be also more challenging, because the character needs to look genuine. This is specifically true for "multiple POV" novels. Some characters may come out very good, while others may seem two-dimensional, despite all efforts of the author.

"Character" and "omniscient" POVs can be also combined, just try not to confuse the reader. Often, most of the story is told though the protagonist's eyes, but once in a while there is a short chapter, coming in a manner - "Meanwhile, in a faraway land..."

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best