bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I get involved in writing for video games? Many video games have deep storylines. This has been the case since the early text adventures where creative writing was all that existed to - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

My first advice is -- don't. There's an attitude in the gaming industry that working on games is so cool they shouldn't have to pay you a fair wage. Working conditions in the game industry tend to lag behind other sectors. Salaries for graphic artists and coders in the game industry are about 1/3 of what those same people would make in any other sector, and I suspect it is the same for writers.

If you must get into the game industry, though, find a company with a history of treating its people fairly, and that use an open-source engine under their games. The business argument for a company to use an open-source engine is persuasive, but for you as a writer the biggest difference is in corporate culture and willingness to give you a fair shake.

Once you've figured out who you want to work with, put together a proposal, send it in, and cross your fingers.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best