bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Do you pluralize a Roman numeral? My work has Validation Engineers I, Validation Engineers II, Compliance Consultant I, Compliance Consultant II, etc. When discussing more than one person, do you - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

My work has Validation Engineers I, Validation Engineers II, Compliance Consultant I, Compliance Consultant II, etc.

When discussing more than one person, do you write Validation Engineers II, Validation Engineer IIs, or Validation Engineer II's?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Yeniel532

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You don't ever use apostrophes to form plurals, so that's right out.

If the Roman numeral is part of the name, you would add an S: A total of 15 Saturn Vs were built, but only 13 were flown.

If you have two people sharing a title, you pluralize the title (the Doctors Smith, the Ensigns Kim). But if the Roman numeral is fused to the title giving information about the level, then the entire title is Validation Engineer II (singular) and you pluralize the entire unit as Validation Engineer IIs.

In law school you talk about 1Ls and 3Ls (for first-year and third-year students). If engineering is the same way, you could call them VE IIs to sound less awkward.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

No, you don't. Just like you don't pluralise Arabic numerals.

Load Full (0)