bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to write a story that argues an idea I apologize for the wording of my question; it's probably not very clear. I've got this idea for a book that explores a sort of philosophical theory. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Propaganda which looks like propaganda is third-rate propaganda.

If the idea that you are trying to push is important, then embracing the idea has consequences, rejecting the idea has consequences, and being ambivalent about the idea has consequences.

Depict the consequences of all three of these paths. The people practicing the right way (as you see it) should prosper as a result of their actions. The people who cling to the wrong way should suffer chronic difficulty. The people who try to sit on the fence should, if your ideas have any true importance, enjoy temporary success in the near term but face a crashing disaster in the long term.

It is important that the consequences of each choice be direct, natural consequences. If the good that happens to the good guys and the evil that happens to the bad guys appear as highly implausible coincidences, or as rewards and punishments handed down from on high, you will be preaching to the choir.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Heady158

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best