bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I'm a true believer that creative writers should be 'creative' - get your own heroes, villains and themes. But (commercially) we are in strange times. Publishers have become global corporations - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm a true believer that creative writers should be 'creative' - get your own heroes, villains and themes. But (commercially) we are in strange times. Publishers have become global corporations with shareholders. Investments must be tried and tested. They are reluctant to invest in anything new. Publishers publish stories from tried and tested authors whilst Hollywood invest its billions in franchise reboots and remakes.

Depending on your goal; following recently popular themes is a huge risk. I recall: a few years ago when I was seeking an agent I discovered a couple of agencies that included "No Boy Wizards" & "No Vampires" as part of their guidelines.

However, if self-publishing is your route there are some readers who are obsessed with certain themes and will look at any stories including a particular theme.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shelley992

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best