bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Going from worldbuilding to writing a short story In the past I never had the urge to write, except for poetry, which has always helped me to deal with my emotions. Lately, I have done a - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The simplest way of going about it is imagining an alter-ego of yours living in that world.

I suggest starting with an alter-ego because you say you aren't used to writing prose and I therefore assume you don't easily create new characters. So, create an alter-ego and imagine yourself living the events you created, whether in the thick of it or from outside. Ideally, this alter-ego character will quickly become his/her own person and, as you create more and more of these, you won't have the need to start with an alter-ego.

You can also play around with a single event and write several short stories with different main characters allowing for a multitude of points of view of that event.

Since you want to explore the world, I'd say short stories is probably the way to start. As the tales start rolling out, see where they take you, whether it's to continue with short-stories or to embark on a full-fledged novel.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @LarsenBagley300

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best