bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Online publishing platform I've decided to force myself by publishing my writings, hopefully acquiring at least a small following so I feel obliged to provide them with more texts. Are there - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I've decided to force myself by publishing my writings, hopefully acquiring at least a small following so I feel obliged to provide them with more texts.

Are there publishing platforms for this purpose? Where you can post drafts as well as finished stories? Get feedback? Publish a story in several parts (e.g. chapter by chapter) and the platform will pull them together for readers to read as one?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It's not very big but I do recommend Storybird.com. Not only is it an online writing platform but it also is a website where you are able to read your own and other people's stories. You can also buy books from there. Each chapter is moderated to ensure that there are no copyright issues. If you want to publish your book without anyone seeing it, you can publish it privately. You can also download the PDF format. The prices are not too expensive and you can buy your book in hardcover or paperback.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

That would be Leanpub. It has the express purpose to publish works in progress, and also provides a store front where readers can buy your book right away and receive free updates as you publish new chapters. Epub, mobi and PDF are all supported. You retain the copyright, and there's no exclusivity, so you can publish elsewhere when you're done. Last but not least, your royalties are about 90% of the book price.

I have a couple of books there at different stages (one with a co-author, which is also supported) and can only say good things of them and of their support forum. The only two caveats: starting a book will cost you 99$, and their main workflow uses a markup language called Markdown which is simple but you might not be familiar with. Importing your Word files is also supported, though.

Load Full (0)