bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Why am I not motivated? I feel like I want to write, but when I do it just gets boring. I begin thinking, "Oh, I'm probably just gonna start a new draft. What even is the point." I really - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Like the user above has said it's crucial to keep experimenting with your craft. It's the only way we can keep being motivated. Sticking to a single method will eventually turn tiresome and boring in time. If you're clearly not interested in what you're doing it is a sign you need to change your method.

Now I do have to add something here. The most interesting idea is the one you're beginning to write. The most boring one is when you're stuck at page 80. And it's crucial to get till the boring stage if you need to get better. Every idea in your head is going to feel spectacular and it will always turn boring at one point when you put it in paper. Don't get the idea that a writer must absolutely love every minute of this process.

In short, my point is that you need to force yourself and get your ideas out. It's the only way to break free from this. If you still get bored you may want to think twice about your method. Not every story teller is a novelist.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Martha805

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best