bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How long is a typical chapter? I'm using Google Docs to make my first attempt at writing a novel (aka destroying my soul). I'm using 12pt Times New Roman, double spaced. I'm interested in - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm using Google Docs to make my first attempt at writing a novel (aka destroying my soul). I'm using 12pt Times New Roman, double spaced. I'm interested in how many pages in that format would make up a typical chapter?

I feel like I'm at a decent stopping point, but I don't know if I have enough. I've got about 5 pages written currently.

Thanks for any input!

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Smith147

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There's no common length for a chapter. It depends on the formatting and the contents of the chapter. A good stopping point is when your story hits a hook that leaves your reader wanting to read the next chapter.

I suggest reading a book or two and notice how the author smoothly transitions from one chapter to the next. You'll notice that the author leaves the reader wanting more, and that "more" can only be found when the reader starts the next chapter.

Good luck!

Load Full (0)