bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is YA as a genre being supplanted? Since Divergent, Hunger Games, and Maze runner have come to a close. I'm wondering if the YA genre is resting. Am I right about YA ending, and what genre - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

YA is treated as a genre. It is used in both publishing and libraries. It is books that are intended for a youngish audience. There is violence, there is often sex not quite as sanitized as cozy mysteries are but usually less than urban fantasy.

Yes, a few big names do tend to dominate, but there are many more titles and authors in that genre. And like all genres there is a wave effect. You get a lot of books in it for a while, and then the market sort of gets saturated and the number of new titles falls off. Then it comes up again. Cyclical business cycle. Not unexpected, nor new. Currently Sci/Fi which had a major down turn the last few years is heating up again with more new titles and authors. Which I notice a lot of cross over authors from other genre's mainly mystery putting out sci/fi titles.Just wait it out if you want more YA.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rambettina586

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best