bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do you describe your characters? I have this weird problem: I know my characters, I know what they're like, and I know how they would act in any given situation and in the plot I use - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

When you can't tell, show

Do you really need to describe your characters? It might just be easier (and more interesting to read) to give a short description of how they look when they first appear, and after that just work with what you know and can write about. Which is: How they would behave in a certain situation. Think of a situation in which your character might act remarkably different to what you'd expect from an "average" person. Include one or more of these situations for each character to show the reader what kind of person the character is. If it fits, have a character tell a story from their past in their words ("You knew that guy we just came across?" - "Yes, back then when I was still in the army, we...").
And again, instead if describing the characters, let the readers see how they behave and form their own opinion/view of them.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lee1909368

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best