bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to keep consistency of style through a piece of writing? This is something I've noticed in all of my writings, whether it's an essay, a diary, a fiction or anything else. I tend to start - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I have had the same problem, and it has been resolved by sticking with what I have put forth at the beginning of my writing. If you get the voice and approach you want to write down well, then once you have it down, you can keep referring back to it and comparing it with what you have done in the beginning and adjusting. This is not something you would do in a first draft, of course, because then you are writing to discover, but afterwards. It sounds as though you reach the "gold" at the end of your process, so why not use that as the beginning of subsequent drafts? Planning well goes hand in hand with this approach: if you have spent time developing your characters and the voice in the piece, you will be less likely to stray from what you've worked to develop. Having a good plot outline that will help you stay on track is another element of planning, in addition to character. Best wishes and happy writing!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Dunderdale623

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best