bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to find and keep readers and commenters for a diary like blog about mental health issues? For years, now, I have been suffering from depression. I am going to therapy and I am also visiting - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I Imagine it is the same dynamics that gets followers to any content.

Usually there has not been published as much on depression as on cats or cooking, because of a tendency to keep mental health in the closet, so to speak. This is an advantage for you as a writer.

I live in Germany, and I used to follow a blog on depression. It had been published by a guy who was a comedian and - as far as I remember - presented his stories on stage as well. Eventually, he published a book which sold quite well.

I loved his texts for his funny and at the same time authentic style. He was able to share his dark moments and a humorous perspective on it in the next paragraph. Some time ago, he closed his blog because he wanted to move on and felt there was nothing new he could contribute.

I found his blog on the online edition of a weekly news magazine in my country. They published a weekly article.

His blog was mentioned on numerous self-help-sites on the net.

Commenters often mentioned how they knew what he was writing about but never had the words to express themselves, and thanked him; this built his followership.

His book is recommended by mental-health professionals as a good read both for professionals, people suffering from it, and their families.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Si5022468

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best