bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I have lots of ideas to write, what should I do? And what writing groups online that can keep me motivated? I have three different ideas for three novel series , each one of them needs work - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Take a deep breath and repeat after me. It is okay to put something in the trunk and forget about it.

Some ideas are better off in storage. I started a book, but it was based on an existing franchise. Maybe I could have come up with a new twist. Doesn't matter now. Fan fiction is only good for practice. The fragments of that first book went into the trunk. It's still there.

I started a second book. Same thing, different franchise. This time I stayed with it longer and gave it more twists.

You see where this is going? I finally wrote a book that didn't copy anything from anyone. It still needs a little work, but it will get done.

Do as much work as you like on your books. You will keep having ideas. If they're derivative, you'll abandon them, and you'll get some valuable experience in the bargain. One of the things you'll learn is how to distinguish a great idea from a good idea. A great idea is its own motivation. A great character insists on seeing the light of day. A great story can write itself.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lengel543

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best