bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Trying to indicate that the frequency is annoying I am trying to state that a particular question is not annoying, but its frequency is. I have come up with the below sentence, but I feel - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

While the question initially seemed pleasant enough, somewhere around the 127th utterance it took a nasty turn towards annoying.

The question was reminiscent of a top 40 pop song. The lighthearted head nod it inspired at first disintegrated all too quickly into the self-inficted banging of one's head into a concrete wall. (This wall, like most concrete walls, features nooks and crannies seemingly straight from a Thomas's English Muffin. Or are they all nooks? All crannies? After all, who can really tell the difference between nooks and crannies?)

The characteristics of that question's aging are more comparable to milk than to wine. While mostly agreeable in the beginning, it soured over time and failed to develop the delicious subtleties and complex notes of intellectual flavor that embroider deeper interrogatives much like ivy on the walls of an august New England academic building.

The question did not bother me - at least not the first hundred times.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Caterina108

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best