bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Which program should I use to write the first draft of my novel? I'm working on outlining a novel and would like to start a first draft but I can't decide on any of the endless amounts - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I know this sound old-school and probably not the answer you're looking for, but for outlining or drafting a novel, my best tools are plain, simple, pen and paper.

It's very affordable, you can use it anywhere, and if you're the kind of person that loves shuffling ideas, or if you want to organize your scenes in a different order, or add plot points and see if they have connections between them, you can do it on post-its or loose pages and arrange them as you want. The only bad point is this method takes a lot of space.

The closest program I found that seemed really confortable to me is Edraw Mind Map, which allows you to draw boxes, type text in it, and link them to the others boxes, like a giant memo panel, with arrows and colors.

But I didn't really stick with it because, well, I'm definitely a pen-and-paper person for that kind of things.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Phylliss352

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best