bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Getting paid from Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing while maximizing profits I'm writing my first book now and my idea is to publish it on Amazon KDP as an ebook. Let's be real, I'm no Shakespeare, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm in the UK and get money deposited directly into my bank by EFT. It's infinitely preferable to getting paid by cheque/check because there are no hefty currency conversion charges levied by the bank.

Amazon will deduct 30% in tax from your royalties unless you provide them with a Form W-8BEN - Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United
States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Individuals)
They'll guide you through obtaining this document but look it up online also. Delays will cost you - they still owe me over ,000.

You don't need a USD account normally - certainly not in my country (UK)

If you have a website you can get up to 9% extra payments from Amazon (4% is more likely) by setting up as an Amazon Affiliate and using affiliate links for your books. I use a link shortening service to make these links more type friendly. Smarturl.it works well for Amazon links. Books2Read.com is also good and will make links that automatically select the right retailer even if you publish at sites other than Amazon.

Don't forget that writing the book is easy. Editing and publishing is harder but the most difficult of all tasks is book promotion. This last task makes the difference between success or not.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best