bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: First Person vs. Third Person: Advantages and Disadvantages? My name is Alex and I'm writing a fantasy novel. I don't know if I should use first or third person narration. First person writing - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The first person is more capable of showing inner thoughts of the protagonist, but third person can cover larger scales of characters.

In my personal opinion I would say it depends on the style you want to write. Do you want deep thoughts, many inner dialogs and show the world from the view of one person: Then First-Person-Perspective is the best choice.

You want to describe a large world, full of myths, explanations, events that happen far away from your character? Then Third-Person should be the better perspective.

If you start writing you will feel, that first person is at the beginning more comfortable and easier to write (only 1 character with a very deep description, with inner world, and so on). But I found out, that first person perspective is lacking the ability to focus my view on all characters.

So I would say: Think about what YOU want from your story and then decide. There is no "This is better than that.". It's all your choice and what you make out of it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sherry594

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best