bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Where can I look for a co-author? I'm looking for a co-author to collaborate with me for a book. The ideas for the books I have are related to the topics romance, crime, and politics. I - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm looking for a co-author to collaborate with me for a book. The ideas for the books I have are related to the topics romance, crime, and politics. I was wondering where can I find people that are interested in something like this but are not asking for money. I will share the royalities, profits with the co-author if we make money. I have talk to many people with the ideas I have in mind. They said they were all interesting idea and worthy of being published.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nickens642

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You could try www.scribophile.com/. There are lots of writers on there and you may find someone who wants to work with you.

However, I'm concerned about what you mean by 'co-authoring'. Co-authors both write the book.

They could work in several ways - one doing the first draft, the other the editing, and back and forth.

Or they could each write different sections.

Possibly one could do a lot of the plotting groundwork, planning and character development and the other could write the actual prose.

However, contributing 'ideas' only would not (in my opinion) be considered co-authoring.

As someone has commented above, while ideas can be turned into something valuable, they are not worth much on their own. The value comes in the execution.

Not trying to put you off, just thought it was worth bearing in mind.

And if your ideas really are that good, perhaps you should have a go at writing them yourself - you might enjoy it : )

Load Full (0)