bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Mashing worlds, good or not so good? I have these two worlds in my mind, and don't really want to choose between the two, but have only time to write one story since I'm not exactly a - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I have these two worlds in my mind, and don't really want to choose between the two, but have only time to write one story since I'm not exactly a spring-chicken.

Would it be worthy trying to find a way to merge both worlds into one where both main characters can come together to "fight" against an enemy which has come to be common to both worlds due to some bizarre occurrence?

Or...

Should I just throw away one of the worlds and its peoples?

Both are just as palpable to me.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Merenda569

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I would really say that it just depends on what your worlds are. If they make sense, then I say you should go for it.

For instance, me and my friend had this one idea where both of our stories would merge at one point. In this case, both stories are in the same timeline (mine is in the present-day timeline to 3225, his is to some year in the 4000's). They way I decided to make it work is that in my story, I sent a probe to the planet that my friend's story takes place (in some odd coincidence), and he retrieves the probe, takes the information, and comes to our planet a few hundred years after my story ends.

I would say that in your case, that would actually be a pretty good idea. You could start off by giving insight into both character's worlds, then put them together in the plotline. Heck, you could even do it with some other author/writer, and create a ridiculous storyline, like one of my crazier ideas a few years back.

On a final note, merging two stories for a certain time is actually a real thing; I believe it's called a "crossover issue."

I hope this helps with your story. Good luck!

Load Full (0)