bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What changes should be made to the story if a single book becomes a series? I've been working in a novel for a while and it's coming out quite big. If it continues to expand in the current - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Split points should be logically placed after resolutions of story arcs. Avoid "vertical" splitting like it was done for "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance With Dragons".
It would be really dissatisfying (at least to me) if a book is ended without clear resolution. I remember I wasn't happy about the ending of "The Fellowship of the Ring". But I wanted to to read more right away :)
For subsequent books in the series, you can skip presentation, although it might be nice to refresh reader's memory. Conflict and resolution should be present, I think, otherwise it would not be a real book that can stand on its own.
That is a million (or is it a billion now?) dollar question. If the story and the characters are engaging, readers will finish your series and come back asking for more.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best