bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to sound confident but not cocky? I am working on this slogan, and it comes out like this. On the road to success. What I mean by that is that I have positioned myself to accomplish - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am working on this slogan, and it comes out like this.

On the road to success.

What I mean by that is that I have positioned myself to accomplish something, but while I am not there yet, I have entered the road to success.

I am not sure if the sentence above translates into that meaning, or it comes out as arrogant. In the sense that he only cares about his own success and not the well being of others.

I also feel this sentence is incomplete, and not sure what to add to have a complete sentence.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

As far as whether it will sound confident or cocky I would think depends more on the context surrounding this sentence than the sentence itself. That being said, for the content of the sentence how about something along the lines of the individual can see the end goal, even more so can visualize the path connecting him to it. This conveys that while the individual knows what to do, he's not saying it's superior or even well-planned, thus avoiding sounding arrogant.

Example: "After experiencing X, I now understand what needs to be done next. The finish line manifested before me as tangible as the earth under my feet: I must do Y."

Load Full (0)