bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is my usage of this word correct? 'The ambit of his patience" I'm not sure if I've used the word ambit correctly here. Could someone tell me what context it can be used in / examples - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

'The ambit of his patience"

I'm not sure if I've used the word ambit correctly here. Could someone tell me what context it can be used in / examples to go with?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Don't use words you're not sure about.

There's an old, old anecdotal story about two men standing in front of a shop having a conversation.

One would say something, and the other would reply with -Evidently. - this went on for a long while during which all the second man would say was... - Evidently.

At a point in the conversation, the first man cried out - Evidently, evidently... YOU are evidently!

Offended, the second man retorted - NO!!! YOU are evidently!

The friendly conversation ended with a fistfight.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

You probably have, although you're short on context in the question for me to be absolutely certain. But why are you using ambit instead of something that A. your average audience member understands like limit, and B. is well enough defined that you as an author can tell from the sample you've given whether the word is correct or not? You appear to be making extra work for yourself and your readers.

Load Full (0)