bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What are the tricks to avoid repetition in writing? After some time of working on my research, I usually have a structured information of my results, which I can best describe in bullets/numbers. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Here is my transformation:

We start by discussing the most relevant research papers. Then we talk
the composition rules we have selected and how to evaluate them. Then
we present the optimisation method we use and camera search spaces.
Finally, we discuss an example of rendering a well-known film in our
system and discuss the results.

The application Grammarly is my helper. It finds even the most profound mistakes in your writings - such as "Incorrect adverb placement", "Unusual word pair", "Sentence fragment" and much more. You can also get a list of synonyms for any word by double-clicking it. If you have the browser extension installed, you will be able to use its real-time error detection on any website. Besides, by double-clicking on any word on any site a pop-up with the word's possible definitions will appear.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with the company.
How to avoid repetitions?
Tips and advise

Make a list of the words you're concerned about. After you finish the first draft, search for each word. Make a conscious decision what to do about it (delete the word, leave the sentence alone, rewrite the sentence to make the word unnecessary). Make notes about how you decide which to retain, which to remove, and which to revise.

On the other hand, you can replace overused words and phrases with synonyms or equivalents. However, always be confident that you use words and phrases you know yourself - if you are finding synonyms on the internet, then make sure to use the ones you already know. Readers may decide you are not the original author if you don't follow your usual style of writing.

Five of the most frequently overused words I see when editing manuscripts are: so, still, though, very, and well. If you find yourself using these words more than once per page, search for them and ask: Do I really need this word here, or is it just taking space? If the answer is space - erase.

Use linking words, such as "additionally", "in addition",
"furthermore", "moreover" and etc. Those will help you link your sentences one to each other and form a strong "chain" - a good text.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Looi5811334

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best