bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I introduce a room of 4 new characters? Do I start by describing each character before they speak? Each one of these characters are important. One of them is the lead. So, their - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Once I saw a great video about the way the movie The Predator introduces the individuals of the raid party.

A group of mercenaries is on the helicopter which is taking them on the mission spot. Killing time, they all prepare for the mission in their own way. The macho guys makes some racist jokes; the quiet one stays silent shaving, ignoring the others; the goofy ones says bullshit; the friendly guy offers tobacco to the others, and so on. In a very short scene, each character is depicted with one or two traits.

The good thing, is that each trait is not very meaningful in itself. But once the story unfolds, and the characters face the horrors hiding in the jungle, their reactions are so much powerful, in that they break the initial stereotype built with the intro scene.

Check this out: screencraft.org/2016/05/31/anatomy-scene-introduce-multiple-characters/

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Connie138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best