bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Writing a letter from the future I'm writing a letter from the future to my dear friends, posing as the child they're about to have. The main aim of the letter is to be amusing, but also - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It's a nice idea. How about mentioning current events as they could be seen from a historical perspective, or current public figures occupying unlikely roles? (Many years ago I wrote a short story that mentioned something US President Stallone had done "back in 2006" - I was worried at the time it might seem too far fetched...).

In this case, it will be good to pull out the letter in 2050 and laugh at how wrong it was. If it was something for wider publication I would suggest being careful about things like spelling and particularly emojis, which could turn out to be a fad, but considering the small audience this might be part of the appeal.

Writing in 2017 as a Brit, I was going to add a mention of the BBC TV show "Tomorrow's World" as a cautionary tale, but looking at the Wikipedia page it was right more often than I remembered.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Steve161

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best