bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to organize your ideas, how to keep reasonable when writing I tried to write about specific subject but i had a problem which is: I always lose concentration and forget some important things - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I tried to write about specific subject but i had a problem which is: I always lose concentration and forget some important things to write. Sometimes, a secondary idea comes to my mind and made me lose concentration and focus on the principal one. This is my problem with writing.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angie602

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Before I start writing any complicated document, I open a second Word document open and put it in the Outline view. This view (mode) allows me to write one line statements and to easily hang them in a hierarchy. I then summarize a plan for the document such as...

Tab and shift-Tab move individual lines left and right and the enter key can create new lines anywhere within the hierarchy. Cut and paste function as you would expect. It is a very easy tool to use and you could then type your document right into the outline. I usually just use it as a separate guide while I write in another instance of Word.

If new ideas distract me while I am writing, I add them to the outline before adding them to my actual document. Then, when I am done, I can compare the finished document to the original outline, to make sure that I haven't omitted anything.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I ran into this problem a while ago. My remedy is merrily to open a document and basically brain dump your ideas into it, while adding to it as you go.

As for the organization of this "brain dump," I label the events in chronological order, I have this system.

Draft
Ch. 16
Greyson and Haku reunite
Liam meets Haku, gets along well with
Greyson gets angry with Sumiko
Scolds her because she made all of Dweebus Babus’s hybrids
Greyson tells story of Search
Haku tells story of Revelation.

Ch. 15
History of elves

Ch. 14
Haku returns home
Sumiko surprises Haku with another Hybrid (bird/mouse)
Tells story of experience
Flash back of fight, remembers what he can do
Experiment with abilities
Accidentally hurts May
Vows not to use power again

Ch. 13
Gets home finds Haku isn’t there
Goes looking for Haku

Ch. 12
Elves land on earth
Encounters wolves
Find ore and mines it
Takes specimens back in ship to analyse

Ch. 10
Tim wakes up
Tells Haku story about past
Scene flip to Greyson and Liam in hotel close to home
Liam experiences proper civilization for the first time
Trip to house
Flat tire and bandits
Arrival to neighborhood.

Ch. 17
Talks about Ryu’s creation
Re-introduce topic of Ryu’s betrayal to Sumiko
Explain what happened
Go into depth on thoughts and feelings

and so on. But from these basic ideas, I can come up with a whole story about it. I hope this helps.

Load Full (0)