bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to slow down the pace of the story? How do I slow down the pace of my story? And please refrain from answering with "add more descriptions," because I'm already aware of that technique - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You can either add fluff of deepen the story.

Adding descriptions or reflection when your story does not need them, or events, or dialogues that do not add anything to the plot is "fluff", and I would advise against it. If you have a good story without the fluff, you should be proud of it.

Your style maybe is too dry and concise (Veni, vidi, vici), but this is a different problem, and I hope your critics can elaborate on their opinion.

Deepening the story is different from adding the fluff. For example, adding character's background is usually relevant to the plot. Creating subplots can also make the story longer and more interesting, as long as they do not overshadow the main plot. You can invent a whole new plot points, for example, instead of going straight from point A to point B, your character has a wardrobe malfunction along the way, and is in a desperate need of a fix.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best