bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I finish my projects? I just want to make sure everyone knows, English is not my native language, so if there are any spelling errors or similar, that's the reason. I'm a 20 year - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The reason there are so few great artists in any discipline is because it's common to have some of the skills and aptitudes needed, but rare to have them all. Nearly everyone starts with some things they excel at, and some things they are horrible at.

In your case, you're great at coming up with new ideas, terrible at following them through to completion. There is no shortcut around this, you will have to power through at least one project from start to end. In other words, you have to make an absolute commitment, and stick to it, even at the price at losing out on some good other ideas along the way. It may make it easier, however, if you start with a shorter project. Why not commit to writing a short story, rewriting it, editing it, and at least submitting it for publication BEFORE starting anything new? That way you'll at least have gotten past the psychological block of never having finished anything.

With all that said, there are also different seasons in your life as a writer. When I was younger, I was overflowing with ideas all the time. Now the new ideas come slower, but I'm better at follow-through. So, hold on to those old notebooks!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Moriarity138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best