bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are there any free sites for testing beta 'book cover' designs? The LONG road to publishing a novel is nearing an end. But writing a novel is actually only the beginning; editing, formatting, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'd say others do have a point about not doing everything yourself, more often than not it does comes off as having a lower quality. In terms of hiring professionals (there's no need for single quotes, if you have to use them, the person in question isn't a professional) it's more a matter of knowing where your strengths and weaknesses lie, and how YOU value YOUR time. You may find there are better cost-benefits and ROI (Return On Investment) with a cover designed by someone in the design industry, rather than if you made the cover yourself to save a bit of money (I would recommend checking out the Book Cover Design area on Reedsy)

All that being said, I have a bit of a background in graphic/web design so I tend do as much of my own cover design as I can get away with (And I would still outsource some of my covers depending on the theme and look I'm going for).

Recently I discovered the site helpmechooseacover.com/ where you can get feedback on your covers. You can also source you're beta readers as others have mentioned, join cover design Facebook groups and if you have a website (which you should), push traffic toward that for feedback as well.

Hope this helps.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best