bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What type of stuff should someone read to improve their email skills? I've heard that writers should read the type of stuff they want to write. Usually that implies really good fiction and - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I've heard that writers should read the type of stuff they want to write. Usually that implies really good fiction and prose, but I want to write great emails to my colleagues and network. What types of stuff should I read?

While various sites put out "how-to" guides almost daily, I'm interested in finding examples of good business writing in real life. There's a difference between "Eliminate this one word from your writing for success at work!" and an actual letter eloquently written from a employee to a manager, for example. Both can be helpful, but real samples are much harder to find.

Jeff Bezos' shareholder reports are good, but they're a little longer than a typical email. They're still a great example of using narrative in business, so the length difference may not be a big problem.

One of the biggest challenges in reading good business correspondence is that so much of it is private. Where can I find good business communication to read, in order to pick up habits that will make me better at writing email?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shakeerah107

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Court cases and decisions written by the courts are very bussinesslike and logical. They lay out arguments and information while trying to be clear and concise.

There are some really interesting cases out there that are also useful for understanding the legal system in whatever location you are living.

And perhaps articles about writing great emails?? :D

Load Full (0)