bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it possible that my short novel will be boring to my readers because it only has two characters and the location doesn't change? In my story, there are two characters: a schoolgirl and - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Use as many characters you need. Don't add extra characters unless they relate to the story.

The Old Man and the Sea only had two characters (three if you include the marlin).

However, remember that these individuals will know of other people.

While they may not appear in the novel directly, they will have an influence on them.

The Old Man and the Sea mentioned three other characters that never appeared directly, but we know of them through Santiago and Manolin.

Edit: Also, just to add, even though things take place in a museum, a museum consists of many different rooms and places, so although it's one location, it contains many different locations, too. Even then, having only one location is not necessarily a bad thing (think of the film "Alien", for example, where the majority of the film takes place on one space ship). If you story calls for one location, then stick with it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best