bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Writing vs roleplaying (by forum) In the latest years, i've developed my two main writing-related hobbies: "Conventional" writing: short stories and a wanna-be novel, far from being completed Roleplaying - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Not at all! Those two are just two different ways of expression, two styles, two writing environments if you will, but they share the same background of creative story telling! They are not in competition at all. Moreover, I would suggest to practice them both, as the two different approaches complete each other. By fulfilling one you can learn more about the other! Many writers do that! I'm not a professional writer at all, but I managed to write for RPGs with friends and write my personal stuff.

What I can totally understand, and I sympathize, is that you might not have enough time for both - following my case, I had to reduce some of them at one point. It might become crucial to make some choice and have some priorities. No one but you could suggest the "right" way there. My suggestion is to focus on what gives you the most pleasure, not what is your ambition: the "I want to be a writer thing" is a very strong but vague concept, that has little to do with reality. You risk to trade one passion with something that is not real. If you have what it takes to "become a writer", you would do it even while cultivating your hobby/passion. So try your best to balance both, and each of them will find their way. Remember, it's about you, not about the "art".

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Si5022468

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best