bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Ways to improve an article I was told to write an article for a homework assignment. The topic was "How to get good sleep?". I was given the points I had to include, and the word limit - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

When writing a short informative article (125 words) you have to get to the point fairly early. You don't need a multiple-line introduction. Use one sentence to set the topic. In your case that would be improving sleep quality.

Before starting to write do your research properly. First you would start of would with a brainstorm. How do I sleep? I go to bed too late. I use a smartphone before going to bed (very hot topic at the moment). How do other people sleep? My mom snores. She is often tired. Just use some keywords, about 12 brainstorm words should be enough for producing an article of 120 words.

sleep hygiene, smartphone, snoring, matras hardness, pillow, blood flow, noise, light, temperature, therapies, stress, relaxation techniques..

Then find research articles. Two would be enough, but to impress your teacher use about 5 articles.

Use scientific terminology. When introducing a new concept, it is best to italicize the word (e.g. "To improve sleep quality psychologists suggest to maintain a healthy sleep hygiene.")

Furthermore, using an acronym is a popular technique to remind people of the steps toward a health outcome. But you may not have enough words for that.

Stimulus balancing: light, noise, temperature
Leave your smartphone in an other room
Eat light before going to bed.
Evaluate tasks done in a diary
Prioritize important tasks in the morning

Give a one-sentence conclusion.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gail2416123

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best