bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Collaborative Online Markdown Editor, any suggestion? I am searching for a Markdown Editor that has these features: Works online & offline Real-time collaboratiion (just like Google Docs) Live - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am searching for a Markdown Editor that has these features:

Works online & offline
Real-time collaboratiion (just like Google Docs)
Live preview
Commenting feature
WYSIWYG controls

Thanks in advance

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sims2267584

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

In a nutshell

I decided to use StackEdit within Google Drive.

So far StackEdit has been great. It takes a little while to load up (5-10 sec) a given doc, but once it's loaded the experience is extremely enjoyable.

How to connect StackEdit with Google Drive

You can watch this video tutorial, or follow the steps below.

1st step: click on “connect more apps”

2nd step: search for “StackEdit” & click on “+connect”

3rd step: use it by: “create a new doc” and choose the "StackEdit" option

Various Collaborative Online Markdown Editors

These are the interesting solutions I came across.

StackEdit

stackedit.io Platforms MacOS, Linux, Windows
has both Markdown syntax highlighting and near-realtime preview, as well as integrating with Google Drive and Dropbox for file synchronisation
works online & offline + real-time collaboration + commenting + WYSIWYG controls + Live preview + spell checking + customizable UI + more
synchronize your documents on Google Drive, Dropbox or to publish them on GitHub, Blogger…
people say it’s not being developed anymore github.com/benweet/stackedit/issues/1071 but then StackEdit just launched a beta version of the 5th version

Classeur

classeur.io developed by the same team as StackEdit
in beta?
real-time collaboration + commenting + pandoc-powered export to loads of different formats
"Classeur was designed to be a holistic writing and collaboration environment. Its focus lies on simplifying the creative process of writing and providing the user with functions for sharing his writing with others to receive constructive feedback. Similar to StackEdit, Classeur uses Markdown as its native language of composition.” classeur.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208540035-What-is-the-difference-between-StackEdit-and-Classeur-

HackMD

hackmd.io simple markdown-aware editor + live preview + simultaneous editing
maybe issues with simultaneous editing

Sources

beegit.com/collaborative-markdown https://erambler.co.uk/blog/collaborative-markdown-editing www.slant.co/topics/2196/~online-markdown-editor https://alternativeto.net/software/stackedit/

Load Full (0)