bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Help with writing a fantasy country? What things (specific & general) make up a country?(specifically, in a fantasy universe) To clarify, when I mean general I mean things such as the type - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Here are some thing I always like to add about certain empire or the country while writing:

1) Religion : Every country or empire is know for its culture but we also have to keep in mind that most of the culture that country has is derived from its religion. Adding a strong religion with some unique beliefs and cultures always adds to uniqueness of the novel.

2)History And Events: Each empire or country in fantasy world is know for their specific trade , event , or history. Citizens of the empire can be greatly influenced by the past events of the empire.

3)Allies and Enemies : Empires stability in the story also can create a lot of openings to write about.

4)Position: Unique position of the empire also matters in many situations.

5)Cause and Agenda: There are limitless possibilities in this section. An Empire can be founded by desire of Power , Freedom and so it does affects the ruling fraction and their intension!

I hope this helps!
cheers!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cooney417

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best