logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: Points to keep in mind while writing a romantic novel So I'm currently working on a story that kinda is a romantic novel. But I need some starters, like what exactly to keep in mind while

Miguel976 @Miguel976

If you want to write a popular romantic novel do what other romantic novels do.

Some pointers:

love and death: these are central themes in a large share of books. You may want to include some sickness or death in your kinda romantic novel.
audience: who are you targeting? Women, men, stay-at-home (wo)men? I think women in general tend to read more romantic novels that include some erotica. I think men tend to like fatalism such as sickness and death. A combination of the two would give the best of both worlds.
point of view: women's romantic novels are generally told from a female point of view, men's romantic novels are from a male point of view.
transience (in Japanese also called mono-no-aware): the concept of life is short. Love and have love while you can. Include elements (motives) that represent transience.

It's alright to not have a happy ending (e.g. Romeo and Juliet). A sad but beautiful loving-till-the-end ending will work too.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme