bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: My readers are losing interest halfway through. What is a list of possible remedies? I see a pattern among my readers, specifically where they tend to stop reading - it is about 2/3 through - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Giving specific editing advice is difficult without first reading the work in question, but here are some additional thoughts for you to consider...

When the middle of a story stalls, it is often the result of mistakes made in the earlier chapters. Have you set the hook properly? Is the reader completely engaged in the characters' goals? Does the reader care about and relate to at least some of the characters?
Looking closer at the middle section, are you telegraphing your early failures? Almost all stories lead characters through a series of early attempts to achieve their goal, with each attempt leading to escalating levels of failure. Are your character's early attempts believable and do they have a reasonable chance of success. If the reader looses respect for a character because their early attempts are ill planned and doomed from the start, they may become bored while reading through the long pages until the character learns what the reader already knew.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bryan361

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best