logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : How to come up with good titles? Can you help me find a suitable title for my book? I'll tell you the main idea so that you guys can help. It is a romance highschool story that revolves

Sue2132873 @Sue2132873

Posted in: #Fiction #Romance

Can you help me find a suitable title for my book? I'll tell you the main idea so that you guys can help.

It is a romance highschool story that revolves around a vampire boy and a human girl. Due to an incident the vampire has to live with the girl. At first their relationship is awkward, but slowly they start becoming friends. Eventually the vampire develops strong feelings for the girl.

So this is the main idea. And one more thing: they both are faced by rivals who are against their relationship.

So people please let me know how I could choose a suitable title. I have written the whole story a long time ago, but I'm stuck with the title.

10.03% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (3) Report

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Gonzalez219

Gonzalez219 @Gonzalez219

The Warming of A Cold Still Heart

or

New Light For a Dark Heart

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Shelley992

Shelley992 @Shelley992

How to find a suitable book title:

Look at published books in your genre and understand the basic principle behind their titles.
Make a list of

the theme, topic, premise etc. of your story
the setting, atmosphere, main emotions
the personalities, weaknesses, drives etc. of your protagonist(s) and antagonist(s)

For each of these brainstorm as many words and short phrases as you can come up with.
Delete everything that has already been used as a book or movie title.
If possible, employ a sample of your target audience and ask them which of the remaining titles would most make them want to read the book.
If not, or if your target audience sample suggests several titles, pick the one your gut reaction tells you is the most fitting.
Submit your manuscript and be disappointed at the title your publisher chooses.

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Tiffany377

Tiffany377 @Tiffany377

"The Twilight Saga", nah I'm just kidding.

My (serious) answer:

Infanguation

It's clearly a pun, referencing the word "infatuation," which is defined as

an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something.

Given that your story is about a vampire and love, I'd say "Infanguation" comes close to being an appropriate book title. It all depends on the seriousness of the book, though.

If it's an extremely serious novel, this title may not be the best to go with, as opening with a pun may give off the vibe that humor, or at least a not-so-serious tone can be found on the inside.

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme