bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Where to find examples of real life situations and counter-arguments to support your arguments in an essay? I'm currently writing an essay for a school assignment. My teacher's—and Google's—answers - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There's no shortcut for this kind of research --believe me, I worked for years to find one! The first thing to try is just google your main keywords, and see if any reputable research comes up. Sometimes someone just happened to study what you're looking for. That's a bit of a long shot, however.

Your next best bet is to see if you can trace back where you got the idea from, and what convinces you it is true. Then try googling those topics. Wikipedia is often a great place to start, although you never want to cite Wikipedia, use the sources Wikipedia refers to instead. Often times, once you set your mind to it, you can find an article, book or opinion piece that has your general claim in it. Then trace the sources they cite to build more support or narrow in on your specific idea.

If you still can't find anything, you're making a claim that you have no empirical support for. It might be true, but it's probably not a claim you should be making in a paper like this.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best