bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Recommendations for short film script I would like to take a part in screenplay competition. The main goal is a script for a short film (8 - 10 minutes). I have several questions about it: - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I would like to take a part in screenplay competition.
The main goal is a script for a short film (8 - 10 minutes).

I have several questions about it:

How long should the script be?
How many elements it should consist of? (It is a writer's competition, so, the director(s) will ask the writer details if necessary, not sure).
Are there any examples of scripts of this length of short films?
Should I worry about time metrics at the end of editing? (Dialogs could take a lot of time, for example, while action scenes are very quick).

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angie602

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There is a very strict standard format for screenplays, designed so that each written page of the script will take approximately 1 minute of screen time. The formatting is different for action and dialog in order to maintain the page/time ratio no matter what the content. So, if you follow the format, a script for an 8 minute movie will "magically" be 8 pages long.
screenwriting.io/what-is-standard-screenplay-format/
This is not long, so your story should probably be simple and to-the-point rather than detailed and complex. The following link is to a site that posts examples of scripts for short films:
www.simplyscripts.com/original-short-scripts.html

Load Full (0)