bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Using software with my writing? I am looking for a good writing software. I'm not talking about something to perform just grammar/spelling checks, like word, which is great, but not what I'm - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Specialized Writing Software:

Scrivener
Dramatica
yWriter
Ulysses
Papyrus Autor
Patchwork (only in German)

Specialized Screenwriting Software:

Final Draft
Celtx
and more on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenwriting_software

I can personally highly recommend all of the directly linked software (I don't now about the other screenwriting software listed on the Wikipedia page), and they are all often recommended by other writers (if they use specialized software at all and not MS Word, Open Office / Libre Office Writer, or a plain text editor). That is, to my knowledge this is the best software out there. Which one fits your personal needs best is something that you have to decide by studying the respective websites and testing the demo versions.

Papyrus Autor is a German software that has been around since 1992 and has become the most widely used writing software among German-speaking authors. Patchwork is a new software from Austria with the richest set of features among all writing software (all of which can be activated or deactivated according to personal needs, so they don't in fact overwhelm) which has been greeted with enthusiastic user reviews. Both come with the best available German spell and grammar check (from Duden, which otherwise is only available as a paid plugin for MS Word or InDesign) as well as with a style analysis devised by German author Andreas Eschbach (and described on his website). I added these two applications to the list for German users, of which there are plenty on this site. I'm not familiar with the English GUI of Papyrus Autor.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best