bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I write and describe a room full of panic? How do I write about a room full of panic? I have searched for the answer but all I get is how to write a panic attack. I am trying - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think it's most important to describe every sense there is, but quickly, without much thought. Adrenaline follows panic, and it doesn't leave room for reasoning or questioning. I also believe that in the heat of the moment, a character will find him/herself doing something because of shock, and then realize something. (oh no, my little sister, where is she?)

For example:

Amidst the chatter, the laughter and the joy, I felt something was wrong. Nothing proved to be askew, but I could sense it.

All of a sudden, a thunderous sound exploded across the vast and crowded space. Screams filled the room, heads ducked for cover, and champagne glasses dropped to the ground. I found myself doing the same as the sounds reverberated through the room.

I dared to look up. Security guards were rushing to the front. I twisted my head to see what they were seeing. There, a lone man was standing, his shirt bleeding through. I covered my mouth in shock. I felt numb. The security guards began shoving us out just as the smell of blood met my nose.

I hope this helps. : )

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Caterina108

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best