bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Where can I find resources about writing "Choose your own adventure"-style books? I have read/played a couple of "Choose your own adventure"-style book and am interested in the process of creating - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It's worth noting that "Choose Your Own Adventure" is a specific brand of children's novelty "gamebooks," and that nearly all books written in this format are released under that brand. It's not --at least to my knowledge --a viable sub-genre outside the brand. So if you want to write a book just like this, your best bet is probably to contact them directly.

I've personally only ever seen one book in this format outside the brand, which was Neil Patrick Harris' autobiography (which, in my opinion, was not a successful experiment).

The upshot is that if you are wanting to do a different kind of book in this general format --for instance, a serious novel for adults --it's likely you'll be charting your own territory. It's worth noting, however, that there is one medium that thrives on branched storylines --writing for video-games. So if this is something you are wanting to pursue, looking into video game writing might be a good resource.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best