bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Where can I find resources about writing "Choose your own adventure"-style books? I have read/played a couple of "Choose your own adventure"-style book and am interested in the process of creating - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The original books always used the second person 'you'. (I still have one on my book shelf.) Other variations may use the first person.

There are many variations on the theme. For example, some require you to keep track of health, supplies, etc. whereas with others all you do is turn the pages. Some require dice. Others don't. I even played one where you had to keep notes to solve the mystery at the end.

There are several variations on this theme that are phone or computer apps. The guidelines for writing them (which are provided in some cases) can be very illuminating. For example, this blog talks about choices and how the average story in a 110 page book is just seven pages long.

There isn't one way to write a choice story and there isn't one format. If you are going to publish on paper, you will write something that is quite different to something that is published on a web page.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bryan361

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best