bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What Types of Jobs can a Writer find? as you all realize the term 'Writer' is very broad and general. So my quick question is: I'm trying to help my young aspiring writer friend find a job - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It makes sense to find a job that involves things you enjoy. Your friend should play up their ability to write in a specific style. While some people are good at prose, others may be good at PR, ad copy, summarizing, etc. Even if it's not the kind of writing they want to do, they should figure out what kind of writing they're good at and push that heavily in applications.

For example, the ability to translate complex and jargon-filled topics into plain, easy-to-understand English is very important in technical fields. Science writers are essentially journalists who make science available to the masses, and they have to be able to take very complex topics and boil them down into something simple. If your friend has a passion for that, then that may be an avenue worth pursuing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Caterina108

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best