bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : You have a beginning to a story. That's good. Then the key question, which only you can answer, is "How do you want the story to end?" I write my (several) stories in an unusual way. In - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You have a beginning to a story. That's good. Then the key question, which only you can answer, is "How do you want the story to end?"

I write my (several) stories in an unusual way. In my first attempt, I wrote Chapters 1-3, then 9-12, and finally, 4-8. In the current effort, I wrote part of Chapter 1, then 12, 11, 10, an 9, in that order (so far). My advantage is that I know how I want the story to end, which is to say that I can "start" with the ending, and work back to the beginning.

My stories begin with a "mechanic," and perhaps yours do too. But ultimately, they are about people. How do you feel about your protagonist? Do you want him/her to succeed/fail/tread water? Who are the antagonists and why? What are the obstacles and why do they exist? Once you have answers to these questions, you have the makings of a story arc, from beginning to end.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Welton431

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best